This 1025 hour course prepares students for the skills necessary to pass the Washington State Board written and practical examination necessary for licensing, and the competency to obtain an entry level position in the Barbering field.
- Theory of the practice of barbering services.
- Shampooing/Scalp & Hair analysis, including draping, brushing, scalp manipulation, conditioning and rinsing.
- Hair Cutting and trimming, including use of scissors, razor thinning shears and clippers.
- Hair Styling, including wet, dry and thermal styling, braiding and the use of styling aids.
- Facial Hair, including shaving, beard and mustache cutting, trimming, design and eyebrow, ear and nose hair trimming.
- Artificial Hair, to include extensions and wig fitting & care.
- Disinfection of individual work stations, individual equipment and tools and proper use and storage of linens and supplies.
- Diseases & disorders of the scalp, hair, skin and nails.
- Safety, including proper use and storage of chemicals, implements and electrical appliances.
- First aid as it relates to barbering.
- Business Management & Communication, skills necessary to own or work in a salon/barber shop, retail sales, client relations, advertising and employee/employer communication skills.
no more than 25% of skills training using mannequins
For a downloadable version, Click Here.